Wednesday, January 4, 2012

qnap lost drive

My QNAP lost the HDD. That is when I started it it asked to format my drive.
Apparantly this can happen and there is FAQ item on this qnap site.

http://www.qnap.com/faq_detail.asp?faq_id=531

This did not work for me. Maybe because I did some other trying out before.

Anyway I tried took out one of the disks and put them hard drive dock. And I managed to mount it under linux as ext3 filesytem. Nice. So I managed to rescue my data and the reformat the drives.

Some more info on NFS. To mount from command line:
sudo mount QNAP_ADDRESS:/folder/already/setup/to/be/shared /home/username/folder/in/your/local/computer/home/music /home/poningru/music

Also something that could be useful from http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13723

"user and grouid is a bit tricky to enable access in write from macosx/linux....

i mean that a new file should be created with one of the local user of QNAP

then i specify it: (the write request anonymous is translated in user 
500, group 500 (the first user, pass of yor QNAP.. see cat /etc/passwd 
and cat /etc/group

then my exports file in /opt/etc is:

/share/Public (rw,all_squash,anonuid=500,anongid=100)
" 




No comments: